15 September 2020 In
Burma Extension | Yangon, Bagan, Inle Lake
Discover some of the most beautiful sites in Myanmar in a few days, extending your stay in Southeast Asia. From the capital Yangoon to the magical Inle Lake, passing through the incredible UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bagan temples, this Burmese getaway will leave you with beautiful memories.
5 days & 4 nights
- Day 1. Yangon. Welcome at the airport. Orientation tour of the city, with its charming colonial architecture, Sule Pagoda. Visit of 2 important pagodas of the city, and stop to stroll on the Scott market. Visit of the long awaited Schwedagon Pagoda at sunset. Overnight.
- Day 2. Bagan. Airport transfer and morning flight. First discovery of the archaeological site of Bagan, classified as World Heritage, which begins with the colorful market of Nyaung U, the Shwezigon pagoda and its magnificent golden stupa. Discovery of Bagan and its temples all day. In the afternoon, visit a village specializing in painting objects. Sunset over Bagan from the upper terrace of Shwesandaw Pagoda. Overnight in Bagan.
- Day 3. Inle Lake. Airport transfer and flight to Heho. Drive to the majestic lake located in the heart of Shan State. After checking in at the hotel by the lake, the first boat trip to admire the one-legged rowers, the typical farms and floating gardens, the local fishing methods and the life of the villages. Then visit the Inpawkhon weaving village, and the Nga Phe Kyaung monastery. Finally, Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the most sacred religious site in Southern Shan State. Overnight in Inle.
- Day 4. Transfer by boat and road to the airport, return flight to Yangon. If time left, visit of a colorful market (market days only) & of the Word Peace pagoda and the cave of Mahapasana Huha where the Council of Six Buddhists was held. In the afternoon, vehicle available for some souvenir shopping, a walk on the docks, and a visit to Chinatown. End of the day at the night market among the multitude of stalls, visit of the largest Chinese temple in Yangon. Overnight.
- Day 5. Free time until airport transfer. International flight.
Back to tours