28 November 2019 In
Immersion and Rural Life
An unusual experience at a local homestay to participate in daily and agricultural activities
1 to 3 days and more
- In a family in northern Vietnam, preferably in the farming season (transplanting or harvesting rice) for a real immersion in rural life with a family.
- Participation in fields working and daily activities of the host family to touch the way of life and the rural culture of Vietnam.
- Our friends from the mountain ethnic minorities offer their hospitality for warm moments of sharing and exchange.
Homestay accommodation is in large houses on stilts, on small mattresses on the ground equipped with mosquito nets. Outside the house, basic sanitary but sufficient to take a shower, mostly with hot water.
Meals are taken with the family and the guide. We will propose a village and a family or several host families according to the overall program of stay and the size of the group.
Please take note that this immersion experience is ideal from February to November (month corresponding to harvesting, transplanting rice or planting maize depending on the region). Outside this period, a day can still be proposed to participate in daily activities (cooking, animal care, and various activities such as weaving, basketry, fishing depending on the specificities of each village).
In what places?
- in Sapa among the Giay,
- in Bac Ha among the Tay,
- near the Thac Ba lake among the Dao
- in Quang Binh among the Tay,
- in Pu Luong among white Thai,
- in Mai Chau among the white Thai,
- in Mu Cang Chai among black Thai,
- near Ba Be lake among the Tay,
- in Bao Lac among the black Lolo.